Monday, September 7, 2015

Beta Test

ts eliot wuz my mom

the peach of
afternoon weather
September
barbecue --
a sweet tinge tangy
in the smoke --
of Thursday
closing time
the last gas before
Mojave hits

dulcet
measured
abbreviate past interesting
I accept it with sleeves well rolled
and tomorrow
I'll do the pants too
too literary to care
for fashion
the yellow edge
fray

mermaids
waxing lyrical and long
in the tooth
song for the rooted moon
sink of empty cups
a family complete
cards that can keep a charge
the shore bears it
a line of mounds I've made
trudging

in foul weather spitting
peach seeds into fog

2 comments:

  1. Clever. Love this. Let's write something together again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a fear and loathing vibe to the first half that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete